Equality and Diversity
Our School Leadership Team, Mrs O'Rourke (Head Teacher), Mrs Legge (Deputy Head Teacher), Mrs Rowntree and Mrs McCormack (Assistant Head Teachers), Mrs Hindmarsh and Mr Jones (Senior Leaders), have recently been awarded Equality and Diversity qualifications demonstrating a School Leadership commitment to all aspects of Equality and Diversity provision in school and in our wider school community. This is at the core of SMSC provision and development work.
All staff share a commitment at all levels to the promotion of pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and we currently hold the Rights Respecting Level 1.
STATEMENT OF INTENT FOR PROMOTING EQUALITY
At Sugar Hill Primary School we are committed to equality. We aim for every pupil to reach their potential no matter what their needs. Our school is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families.
We aim to:
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued.
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and disabled people.
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- Make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of the school
Sugar Hill Primary School prides itself in being very inclusive and we will endeavour to support every child regardless of their level of need. All pupils follow the National Curriculum at a level and a pace that is appropriate to their abilities. At times and when it is felt appropriate, modifications to the curriculum may be implemented.