How to Contact Us
Please use the following information if you would like to get in touch:
Mrs P O'Rourke (Head Teacher)
Mrs K Legge (Deputy Head Teacher/Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator)
Sugar Hill Primary School
Telephone: 01325 300334
Sugar Hill Primary School welcomes feedback from parents and carers. If you would like to send us your views please pass them to the school office or e mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can submit your comments to Parent View which can be found on the Ofsted Website.
Compliments and Complaints
Compliments are always greatly received and can be passed on either directly to staff and the SENDCo, or formally recorded via our regular questionnaires to parents or in the form of a letter to the Head Teacher.
We are so proud of these positive comments made by parents/carers via parent/carer questionnaires.
- The school is safe and has friendly and welcoming teachers. Support is always there if and when needed.
- My child changed here from another school and has been very well supported including her possible additional needs which are being addressed. Just want to say thank you to Mrs X and Mrs Y for an excellent meeting last Friday. Both my husband and I feel like our child’s issues are going to be addressed in this school.
- I have been supported throughout the school from when my child started.
- My child has become a confident and well mannered child with the help of Sugar Hill.
- I’ve had support when needed.
- Very supportive staff on all issues. My child is happy at this school.
- My child is really happy here and that’s one of the most important things.
- Keeping parents informed of anything that they may need to know about their child.
- My child was struggling but the staff reassured her in all aspects and she has now settled well.
- Excellent teachers, lots of support when needed.
- I feel that the teachers listen to any concerns that have been raised and act on any issues needed. Very friendly staff who have made appointments around my work.
- My son has got so much more confidence since starting.
- My child has progressed really well with reading and writing since going into Year 1.
- Communicate with parents and make them feel involved in school life.
- My child is settled in Sugar Hill. He enjoys attending and learning.
- My child is happy.
- My child has gained in confidence since joining Sugar Hill.
- The staff are friendly and make your children feel welcome and understand the work they do.
- My child thinks it is brilliant and is very happy at Sugar Hill.
- My child is very happy with everything at the moment.
- Very friendly and welcoming staff. Lovely environment. My son is very happy here and learns lots of different things.
- Good teaching.
- Approachable staff.
- Great school, friendly atmosphere.
- Good staff retained.
- My child has come a long way with Sugar Hill. I would advise any parent to send their child to Sugar Hill.
- Very good school.
- The school is one of the best!
- All my children are happy and achieving at Sugar Hill School. All of the teachers go that extra mile to educate and support children at Sugar Hill.
- I believe my daughters have become the people they are today with the help of the school, outstanding from the start. The teachers put in so much work and even though the curriculum has changed again they still give 110%. Thank you!
- A very good school and lovely teachers who are always happy to help.
- My daughters have loved being part of the Sugar Hill ‘family’.
- I feel my child is very happy at school.
- Because both of my children go to Sugar Hill and they are happy.
- Staff so helpful and friendly.
- A great school. Always felt supported and well informed.
- Yes I feel the school gives individual attention to each child when they are struggling with homework etc.
- Sugar Hill is overall a great school.
- My son left Sugar Hill to go to Woodham Academy a much better and well educated child.
- My daughter joined Sugar Hill in 2014 and loves school.
- Breakfast Club on a morning and working with parents on achieving results.
- Because my son likes to go to school and has come on loads with writing.
- It’s an excellent school. Staff are so friendly. You do everything well-all the staff are great.
- I like how each child is taught as an individual.
- The teachers are all friendly and in turn that makes the children at ease and happy to go to school.
- I find the diverse range of out of hours clubs particularly interesting and beneficial. The office staff are very approachable as is the caretaker.
- All of the staff that have worked with my son have helped develop him in so many ways and really improved his confidence as when he started Sugar Hill he lacked self-esteem.
We hope that complaints about our SEND provision will be rare, however, if there should be a concern the process outlined in the School Complaints Policy should be followed.